introduction, new subsriber

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: introduction, new subsriber
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 18:26:24 -0700 (MST)

Hello Iris Lovers,

     I am new to the world on the Internet and e-mail, so if I am a bit
clumsy at first, please forgive me.
     Although my interest in Irises goes back to my childhood, it was not
until the mid 1980's that I got serious about it.  (I turn 35 this April).
Most Iris growers here in Lexington, Kentucky grow only Tall Bearded
varieties.  I grow them and some SDB's, MTB's, IB's, BB,s and even one MDB.
 I have some reblooming Iris.
     Also, I grow some of the beardless Irises.  I have some Siberians,
Japanese, Spurias, and Louisianas.  I also raise Iris pseudacorus and a few
other species.  I am also becoming interested in the Versicolors and
     I have been a member of the Bluegrass Iris Society and the A.I.S.
since the mid 1980's.  In the last couple of years, I joined the Historic
Iris Preservation Society and became involved in the A.I.S. Round Robin
     Well, I guess that is enough about me for now.

Mark A. Cook