Re: Show schedule

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Show schedule
  • From: Patricia Wenham <prw@televar.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 20:10:05 -0700 (MST)

Karin wrote:

> I agree that  the regular show schedule doesn't do a thing for the average
> person that comes to the show. I figure one of the reason for the show is
> to introduce Iris to the general public and hopefully to hook a couple for
> the local society. I wrote a pamplet (sp) for our show (region 14, Monterey
> Bay) that talks about what the Monterey iris society is, who we are, why we
> grow iris. I discuss what we do at our meetings, and I only give one 1/3 of
> the trifold to talking about what we are doing at the show and how to enter
> next year. I also give a 1/3 section to where to locally buy iris and
> contacts for joining the local society, the AIS and local iris growers.
> Karin Hinsen
> Central Coast of California
> Mild summers
> Mild, wet wintersWhat a great idea!  We are such a mobile society that we are often in a
new area without a clue as to where to find someone who sells our
favorite garden godess.  I still do not know all the people who raise
iris in my area and I have lived in this (ideal iris growing area)town
for nearly 25 years.  I love to spend a weekend traveling about and
visiting other gardens where iris are grown.
Patti