Judging--Flower shows ETC.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Judging--Flower shows ETC.
  • From: "Arthur" <alee@cybernet.dk>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 01:41:45 -0700 (MST)

I had though about sending this email private, but wondered what remarks
the list members would or may come back with, so decided to send it to the
full list.
Apart from popping into the flower shows at the County shows in Sussex and
Surrey plus some minor shows my experience in that subject is nil.
What did I see, at the big shows were some Beautiful Flowers, set up by
experts, plus some officials who looked official, plus I saw the cards.
At the minor shows were Tom, Dick or/and Harry who were proud of their
exhibits, and one could come in contact with. but still cards plus some
times remarks about the exhibited plant.
I wonder if it is possible to have a points card when Judging Flowers, saw
a hundred point spread over the important  points, when I exhibited birds
the highest I came up was 95, a hundred points was not possible, Can an
Iris have say have the features to warrant a point system? in that way at
the shows one could see the good or bad points. all that I have written may
be nonsense, but it is some thing that is in the back of my mind and it's
best out.
To make sense of my first remarks of sending this email private I do know
some very knowledgeable people on the list, but decided not to torment