Re: dietes vegeta

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: dietes vegeta
  • From: Curt Marble <cmarble@tiac.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 06:22:39 -0700 (MST)

Adrienne Bordo asked:
>Her second question was about louisiana iris. She has been given a
>clump and can't decide whether to leave it in her Fla. garden or bring
>it back to Zone 4-5 and try it. Any ideas? This is the person I have
>bought the "I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself"
>T-shirt. She does take some chances.

Barbara and David Schmieder grow Louisianas in Concord, MA with great
success.  I grow one or two with less success (they don't bloom as well,
although they grow OK) in Harvard.  I think part of the difference is the
Schmieders mulch theirs in winter, I figure "if they grow, they grow".

Kathy Marble
Harvard, MA
zone 5