Re: Iris Lazica

Ian writes :  >>Iris lazica is fairly widely available over here. It is
gorgeous and much
more gardenable than unguicularis (in my experience). The leaves are
broader,
shorter and glossier darker green. The flowers are similar to typical
unguicularis (which is why it was considered a subspecies, I would
reckon)
but appear later - around late February to early April here depending on
the
season. It is less temperamental (unguicularis really does need lots of
sun,
little feeding and minimal disturbance) - it grows happily in standard UK
garden conditions if given a fairly sunny position. <<

Having read this, I found a photo or two, and am convinced I want to add
this to my garden.  However, I've had absolutely no luck with a U.S.
source.  Any recommendations, or failing that, any advice regarding
importing plants/rhizhomes from another country?

Lynn Woosley
Marietta, GA
USDA Zone 7/8, where today it is sunny, breezy, and mid-50s, and my
buttercups are starting to bloom!