Re: Retro Hybridizing

Bill Shear wrote:

:  What are
:  the strategies the little guy can use to improve his chances?

Pick a type to work with that has room for improvement, but little competition
right now.  For example, to anyone interested in working with arilbreds I'd
suggest that today the odds are better with quarterbreds.  You don't have to
grow thousands of seedlings to get something worthwhile, and the good ones are
fairly easy to spot among the majority that just don't have the desired aril
characteristics.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)
Forgive me, Walter, for courting competition!