Re: regional trial gardens

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

> Seems to me we already have a huge trial garden (USA and the rest of the
> globe), just haven't done a very good job documenting and collating the
> results! : )
>
> Maybe each region could contract a consultant group to tour gardens and score
> irises and be paid in rhizomes each year.
>
> Linda Mann******************

Linda, you make some good points.  We all need to let the hybridizers
know how their plants are doing.  Chapters within R4 have purchased
recent intros so they can be evaluated during conventions.  I do not know
if there was documentation sent back to the hybridizers.  There should
be...for sure.
The second point is amusing, but....how true is it?
Seriously folks, we are all guilty of not providing proper feedback to
those hybridizers we are currently growing.  Another good point has
already been mentioned. If irises from a certain hybridizer do not do
well, don't buy them.  Plain and simple!

Happy Catalog looking

Dennis