Re: dietes vegeta

Bordo Adrienne wrote:

> Her second question was about louisiana iris. She has been given a
> clump and can't decide whether to leave it in her Fla. garden or bring
> it back to Zone 4-5 and try it. Any ideas? This is the person I have
> bought the "I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself"
> T-shirt. She does take some chances.

Louisianas can be grown as far north as Canada.  If these have been used
to Florida conditions, they might consider on e of two options.
1.  Repurchase the variety from a grower in the Mich, Minn, New England
area.  or 2.  Pot the variety, bring it to its final resting place, place
pot and all in ground and mulch (lots) for the 1st winter.  You will miss
the first bloom, but the plant will be settled in.

Dennis