Re: Iris breeding

>The first umpteen thousand
>rearrangements were interesting. Now it's re-run season.

I see new colors and patterns, and a gradual improvement of vigor, more
stalks per rhizome, stronger stalks, and better substance  in older colors
and patterns.  Am I imagining this?  As everyone says, there are a lot of out
of region duds along the way.

Look at JESSE'S SONG - its stalks don't like the repeated cold shocks in my
frost pocket, but my goodness, talk about vigor in a plicata.  It grows
circles around STEPPING OUT.

Linda Mann east Tennessee