  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: gardenability
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 17:33:21 -0700 (MST)

     I have noticed with great interest the disucssion about the
gardenability of Irises and some hybridizers Irises not growing in certain
areas.  I have encountered the same thing, but I hesitate to totally
blackball a hybridizer.  When most of the plants tried from a certain
hybridizer's fail to grow, I will not purchase any more from that
hybridizer for the time being.  However, if I see a plant introduced by
that same hybridizer performing well in another Lexington, KY garden, I
will try to swap for a start of that plant.  While at times I may say that
certain plants don't do well from me, I will not criticize the hybridizer
when I know that his/her introductions perform great somewhere else.

Mark A. Cook

Lexington, KY
Gray Skies,  Daffodils and Crocuses only starting to emerge, and a wintry
mix coming.