Re: Tet. Louisianas x others

At 06:58 PM 2/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Donald Mosser wrote:
>> Does anyone know if this type of cross has produced anything fertile?
>Donald,
>Don't know if you know, but Durio is introducing that cross this year
>and it is called Little Calliet.  It is announced in the February 1997
>issue of Flower and Garden.  Please be sure to read the last paragraph
>of the iris article.
>Rick Tasco

Do you mean the last paragraph of the Flower and Garden article or the last
paragraph of the Special Publication article on pg. 38?

I'm sorry Rick, I meant to ask whether the F2 generation (such as a selfing
of Little Calliet) been successful in producing viable offspring which in
turn are fertile.  The 1995 article to which I originally referred
indicates that selfing produced two pods with no seed, but six seeds
resulted when it was used as a pollen parent crossed back to SAUTERNE,
which I assume is a tet. LI.

Does the Flower and Garden article tell the end of this story?

-Donald (in suspense)

Donald Mosser
Member of AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SSI, SLI, SPCNI, and IRIS-L
dmosser@southconn.com
http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/5570

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8