RE: Show Time

>>Is anyone out there in Iris Cyberland involved in organizing (or
participating) in Iris Shows?
I would be glad to have some discussion about ideas for Shows and what we
should and should not be doing before I alienate half the iris people from
Pocatello to Provo (I took care of the other half last year).<<

Hi Jeff,

It's time for our Iris shows also, we have both an early & a late show. The
thing that I found most helpful for my first show was that the members of the
society had a pre show get ready meeting. This meeting was held at one members
house where she was able to show us hands on how to get irises ready to
We also have a member who every year brings dozens and dozens of Iris not to
exhibit for competition but to put on an educational display. If you have any
member of members willing to do this, it makes for a great part of the show
and really helps to educate the general public about Iris.
Good luck with your shows. And most important don't forget to get some judges!
A most important part of the show!

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA zone 5 - AIS region 13