Another new Iris-l member

Hello All,
My name is Jim Loveland, current president of Greater St Louis Iris Society.
I still consider myself a new member since I've only been attending meetings
for four years and president for three. I grow TB's, all median classes,
Siberians, Japanese, Spuria's, Louisiana's, and a fair amount of Species. I
have loved gardening since my childhood. I've been called the blacksheep of
the family because I'm the only gardener. I was born and raised in Hooker,
Okla. which is located in the Texas Panhandle and now reside in Fenton,
Missouri which is 10 miles southwest St. Louis, Mo.
I grow approxmately 700 TB and 250 Medians and I can honestly say that if I
compared a single bloom of each I would pick the TB. Which in most cases this
is how the public sees these iris. Because in 99 percent of the cases they
see them at the shows. So I invite as many as I can to visit my garden when
the Medians are in bloom. Once they see these in a clump they will buy as
many as you let them.
I must go and check the weather outside.

Jim Loveland
St. Louis, MO  Northern edge of Zone 6
Where tonight we are expect from 1-6" of snow and freeezing rain.
As usual the weatherman's forcast is very broad.