Re: Nemacur

<<  I would guess that pesticides make it onto
 the restricted list because of their potential impact and longevity in the
 environment and their effect on ground and surface water quality.  Clarence
 M. is the ex-EPA man, I believe.  Is any of this on target Clarence (or
 anyone knowledgeable)?  I would hate to spread false information.
My qualifications on this subject are limited. I never worked on the
regulatory side of EPA, and my expertise is in the areas of financial,
procurement and administrative managment.  What Donald says is not incorrect,
but EPA historically regulation of pesticides has been, I believe, based
primarily on their risk as carcinogens.  Only in recent times has greater
emphasis been placed on ecological risk. Mike Lowe, also on this list, knows
a great deal about this subject.  Clarence Mahanb in Virginia, who does not
want this response counted against the 1997 chatterbox award.