Species Origin of Siberians

Bill Shear wrote:

:  The modern 28-chromosome Siberians are based almost entirely on the single
:  species I. siberica, with some input from I. sanguinea.  Now it appears
:  that I. typhifolia may be entering the mix, adding new genes for early
:  blooming.

But every species has countless clones that make up its own gene pool.  If the
modern Siberians are derived from many collected clones, they still might not be
as inbred as another line based on a few clones of different species.   How much
do we know about the number of clones involved here?

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)