Re: Iris Breeding

Rick Tasco wrote:

:  If we are talking Talls then
:  surely Pallida, Variegata, Trojana and Mesopotamica would be here.  If
:  one had the time(probably lots of it) you could go back and trace
:  parentages from the 20/30's checklists.  Sharon are you there?

Yes, I'm here.  But the "spare" time to run the necessary stats isn't!

I have pedigree analysis software, with a database that includes the pedigree of
every known TB ancestor of my seedlings -- plus a number for which I was
assessing potential.   And each of those pedigrees goes back to either species
or unknown parentage.  The catch is that the "unknown parentage" branches are so
numerous that the largest percentage of ancestry on any TB variety I've assessed
turns out to be "indeterminate".   Arilbreds, of course, are another matter --
and that's where I've concentrated my efforts.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com