Re: Tet. Louisianas x others

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Tet. Louisianas x others
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 15:54:10 -0700 (MST)

<< My reason for questioning the spelling is that I though the variety might
 be named for Marie Caillet, who recently wrote on Louisianas for Fine
 Gardening, also co-editor of the Louisiana Iris book.

 Does the word Calliet mean anything? >>

I think you are correct, Bill, and suspect a typo.  There is no such word as
"calliet" in my French dictionaries.  Could be a family name...but I don't
think so.  Clarence Mahan