class confusion

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: class confusion
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 19:11:04 -0700 (MST)

     Walter Moores wrote that younger show judges sometimes are in error as
to which class they think the Iris Mary McClelland should be placed.  To
ease the confusion, copies of the A.I.S. Checklists should be on hand at
all Iris shows.  That way, when there is a question as to the identity or
classification of an Iris, the issue can be settled by looking the Iris up
in the checklist.  This will protect the integrity of the Judges and the
     At the annual show of the Bluegrass Iris Society, we keep the
checklists on hand.  I also own a copy each of the ten-year check lists.
At least one other club member as these too.  If there is a question, the
Iris is looked up in the checklist.  If its identity cannot be established
or if it is in the wrong class, the Judges then take appropriate action:
Disqualification of the specimen.

Mark A. Cook

A rainy night in the Bluegrass State.