Peak bloom in St Louis

To Arnold Koekkoek and other interested parties,
Arnold says
<Your garden sounds very worth visiting, too.
<I am in the St. Louis area to visit relatives quite often, and it
<would be nice to know what bloom season is for your area. I know,
<"normal" is hard to establish, but on average, at least, you can
<probably give ballpark dates. How about it?
Peak bloom is normally "Mother's Day" weekend. Greater St. Louis Iris Society
has a mass planting at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Our club normally has
it's TB show that weekend but due to a conflicting of dates with the Region
18 Spring Convention being hosted by the Kirkwood Iris Society our show will
be held May 17 at West County Mall off highway I-270 & Manchester Roads. All
are welcome to drop by and say hello. All of you might be interested in
knowing who the guest speaker is for the Region 18 Spring Convention. He's
the most commended Iris-L member who goes by the name of Clarence Mahan. He
will be guest speaker at the banquet dinner Saturday evening and Judges
training Sunday morning. Dates are May 9, 10, & 11. I can give registration
cost and who to contact if anyone is interested. I can either do this in
private e-mail or post on Iris-L for all to see.
Going back to the Missouri Botanical Garden planting most bearded iris in
this planting are less than 10 years old. We have a sale annually at the
Garden to sell the rhizomes which is attended by at least 1,000 or more
people. We usually sell at least two or three thousand rhizomes in a given
year. After we purchase new introductions the money left is donated back to
the Garden.
By the way my garden is on the Spring Tour. Everyone is welcome to drop by if
you are ever in or around St. Louis. Keep this number handy 314-349-4977.
Jim Loveland say goodbye for now,

Fenton Missouri 10 miles southwest of St. Louis,
northern edge of Zone 6,
didn't get the snow or freezing rain last night
weathermen are the only occupation I know that gets a good
salary for being 90 percent wrong.