Wanted: Talented People

AIS Section presidents and AIS committee chairmen often contact me asking for
recommendations on where they might find someone capable and willing to do a
particular job.  Editors for publications for the various sections are often
being sought, for example.  Sometimes they need someone adept with the PC
willing to redo cumulative check lists, etc.etc.

If you are willing to take on some important responsibilities and make
valuable contributions to various iris societies, please send me a personal
message indicating what you would be willing in doing if the right
opportunity came up.  I will keep your name on file, and if the right job
comes up pass your name along.

I would like to say a little word about editors.  I am very proud to have
served as editor for my local society and for Region 4 for several years. In
an organization like AIS it is the editors who keep the society, its regions
and its sections alive and well.  No editor or a poor editor spells trouble.
 Most members of AIS do not go to meetings! Same is true for the AIS
sections.  It is the publication which keeps them in the organization.  I
know a number of you on this list have served as editors. And to each and
every one of you I would send cyberroses if I could remember how to make
them.  Instead, I will send cybervalentines: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3  Now, don't
forget! Send me a personal if you are interested in doing some volunteer

Clarence Mahan in VA