Re: Heaving of new plants

In a message dated 07/02/97  20:18:23, you write:

<< to Mark and others:  I was told once to anchor new plantings by
 putting a brick or rock on the rhizome after the ground had frozen.
 That would prevent heaving if there was a freeze/thaw cycle.  I tried
 it, and I've found it to work well.  Not an iron-clad guarantee of
 success, but in the great majority of cases I've had the plants
 survive.  So you might want to try the same.

Bit of a problem with 27,000 plants!