african iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: african iris
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 11:30:07 -0700 (MST)

     The African iris that Harry Wolford asked about may be either a
species of Dietes or Neomerica.  Both genera are of the plant family
Iridacea.  I have three plants of Neomerica.  One is now showing buds.  (Of
course, my Neomerica is indoors at this time.)  The blooms of Neomerica are
purple and white, fragrant, and look similar to a Siberian.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com

Lexington, KY
Where it snowed 2.5 inches last night.