Re: BATIK Grows Well Here Too

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: BATIK Grows Well Here Too
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 12:50:07 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 97-02-08 09:07:12 EST, Steve wrote---

<<  BATIK does well here in sunny San Diego also. >>

And BATIK does very well in northern Virginia.

As a judge I have not voted for BATIK because it is a bit off the standards
for its class.  BUT, even though, as a judge I must, by the ethics of
judging,  comply with published standards as I understand them, I would point
out that standards are made by men and women, but irises are made by God.

And BATIK is distinctive and beautiful, so I don't fault all those judges who
have chosen to vote for this iris. I add this because I don't want anyone to
think I have changed my ways and have started faulting the actions of other
judges.  After all, in the final analysis, there is a lot of subjectivity
that goes into making value judgments even when there are established
standards.  Clarence Mahan in VA