Re: Mysterious Monique and Emma Ripeka

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Mysterious Monique and Emma Ripeka
  • From: Paul Richardson <xtr16084801@xtra.co.nz>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 17:54:55 -0700 (MST)

Michael Cook wrote:

> If anybody knows of a U.S. source of the New Zealand-bred Siberian Iris EMMA RIPEKA, please let me know.
>
> Mark A. Cook
> macook@iglou.com
>
> Greetings from Paul Richardson, Upper Hutt, New Zealand.

I have spoken to Frances Love who registered the sibirica Emma Ripeka and
she says that she has sent fans to Eddie Johns, and on speaking to Eddie
he says that he has had enquiries from Mark Cook.

For general information it is doubtful if anybody has sent pieces of Emma
Ripeka to the U.S. yet. Eddie Johns has a small supply and is willing and
able to export - at a price of course and subject to Ag. requirements in
New Zealand and U.S. The U.S. requirements are an Import Permit for plant
imports into U.S. from dept of Ag.

The initial step will be expensive to implement and may best be
negotiated through one of the bigger commercial gardens in U.S.

Eddie Johns may be contacted directly by phone or fax at 06 324 8490
or indirectly by e-mail through Ewen Paynter, ewen@manawatu.gen.nz or by
snail mail at O'tara Birch Gardens, P.O. Box 81, Rongotea 5454, New
Zealand.

Emma Ripeka won the Australasian Dykes Medal in 1995.

Paul Richardson, Upper Hutt, New Zealand by kind permission of his cat,
pippi@xtra.co.nz