Re: Reg. 18 hybridizers/Iris Mohrs

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Reg. 18 hybridizers/Iris Mohrs
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 21:32:51 -0700 (MST)

<< However... I would not rule out the possibility that in the future I will
be
 related to some famous iris hybridizers named MOHR-guess I should have
titled
 this "she's bragging about those durn kids of hers again".
 Kathryn Mohr, near Albany, NY, zone 5 >>

I would not doubt this either, Kathryn.  If William Mohr, age 7, grade 1 is
your child, then I would say you are, indeed, likely to have some famous
hybridizers soon.  Jean Morris wrote about William in the latest issue of THE
IRIS FAN, the AIS youth newsletter.  The kids had an essay contest where the
kids had to write about which iris they would be if they could be an iris.
 Several of the essays were in THE IRIS FAN, including William's.

And this is what William wrote: "If I was an iris, I would be William Mohr
because that is my name! If I was a genius I would build robotic legs and
attach them to a flower pot with William Mohr inside and send it to school.
 Bye for now, William Mohr, Age 7 Grade 1"  You have a right to brag,
Kathryn!

What a kid!  Clarence Mahan in VA