Re: Is there an Iris Heaven

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Is there an Iris Heaven
  • From: Patricia Wenham <prw@televar.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 21:55:35 -0700 (MST)

Barbara Mann wrote:
> Jefrie, well, Albuquerque is zone 6 (or 6 1/2), and it never gets anything too
> obnoxious other than an occasional hailstorm and some snow in the winter.  Of
> course there is the water problem...  But there are several iris societies
> locally, not to mention others in Santa Fe, Las Cruces, Roswell, and Hobbs, so
> you would be in good company.  Of course there is the dust in the spring...
> Barb, in Santa Fe, just the right distance from Albuquerque (close enough to
> drive easily, but I don't have to live there).

I left Kent over 20 years ago and came to iris heaven in Okanogan
county.  We have many people from the coast living here.  Most are
retired.  I would love to see more iris growers move to this area. Do
not make the mistake of looking in the western part of the county

Patti Wenham  <prw@televar.com>
zone 5
Omak, WA