geneologic collection

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: geneologic collection
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 08:44:13 -0700 (MST)

Carol Townsend writes:

>About two years ago I began trying to collect
>as many of the ancestors of Beverly Sills as possible, so had a chance
>to contact many wonderful people around that project.  It has had to
>take a back seat for awhile, but I do have about 57 of those cultivars
>on hand now, planted in order of their geneological heirarchy.

I'd like to know if anyone else has made such a display for any other
single cultivar. And I'd also like Carol to tell how she came up with the
idea. Did she have a lot of land to fill? I imagine this bed as an
excellent educational display, a highlight of the local garden tour for
novices such as myself who know diddly-squat about breeding.

Celia
storey@aristotle.net  USDA Zone 7b
Little Rock, Arkansas