vigorous cultivars

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: vigorous cultivars
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 09:39:35 -0700 (MST)

     JESSE'S SONG is a good example of why hybridizers should incorporate
Irises from other hybridizers into their own lines.  JESSE'S SONG does
great here. This one is fully worthy of the Dykes Medal it won.
     I wish that MESMERIZER would win the Dykes.  It does great here in
good weather years and in the bad weather years.  MESMERIZER is a
dependable Iris here.  In fact, I have yet to see a bad one from the late
Monty Byers.  Of the ones of his I have, all grow well here and a reliable
about blooming.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com

Lexington, Ky.  Where nothing is in bloom.