For Iris Shakespeare fiends - I mmeaaaan fans!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: For Iris Shakespeare fiends - I mmeaaaan fans!
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 10:23:27 -0700 (MST)

This subject has probably been wrung dry, BUT did anyone ever think of
Tennyson's         LOCKSLEY HALL? And yet it is a much quoted line:
  In the Spring a fuller crimson comes upon the  robin's breast;
  In the Spring the wanton  lapwing gets himself another crest;
  In the Spring a livelier iris cbanges on the burnish'd dove;
  In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.

of course THAT iris is not a reference to our flower, but I thought it was
Rosalie Figge in Maryland