Re: Iris Breeding

Lloyd and Clarence  write...

>> I. reichenbachii or sualeolens; are you quite sure?? >>

>Perhaps my message was not clear with respect to I. reichenbachii and
>suaveolens. I did not mean to indicate that these are in the background of
>EARL OF ESSEX, because from my reading of EofE's complete pedigree they are

Actually, reichenbachii/suaveolens is in EofE's background, although
probably so dilute as to have essentially no discernable effect.

In position 9-254 and 10-506 (schema: 2-2 pollen parent, 4-3 maternal pod
parent, and so on...), reichenbachii/suaveolens appears in  EARL OF ESSEX's

But then... if we credit mesopotamica in the 18th to 22nd remove, with
passing a trait to tenderness, how can we deny a ninth generation ancestor
discernable effect?

Mike,  mikelowe@tricities.net   --   http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe/
South Central Virginia, USA
Away for three days and a couple hundred messages to catch up on!