Re: Iris Breeding

Sharon McAllister wrote:
>EARL OF ESSEX is 5/1024, or less than one half of one percent aril.  Even if
>these species ancestors were completely compatible with its other ancestors,
>would be expected to have very few aril genes.  But with successive crosses
>to TBs, the tendence is for the aril chromosomes to be completely dropped.
>you really want to get into the genetics of heterozygous chromosomes?

Sure. : ) I was assuming that the sorting of genetic traits would be random,
so the probabiltiy of having much in the way of aril genes would be small,
but that it could happen.  Are you saying the aril genes have a higher
probability of being dropped or that there is some active selective process
in the sorting of heterozygous chromosomes that makes aril genes be dropped

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com