Re: majorica

Michael Cook wrote:

>      This past fall, someone let me have a start of an Iris that was
> identified a "Majorica."  I could not find it listed in any of the ten year checklists, nor could I find it in THE WORLD OF IRISES.  The fellow
that let me have it said that it was the increase off of a plant that
came from Montana.  This Iris has foliage that looks like a Bearded Iris.
If anyone knows anything about Majorica, please let me know.

> Mark A. Cook
> macook@iglou.com
>
> I can't help with majorica specifically but can suggest that you may have dealt with an inventive or imaginative taxonomist as my wife once
did when asking at a large garden centre for Iris gracilipes, was told
helpfully that what she wanted was Iris gallipoli which was in stock.

Paul Richardson, Upper Hutt, New Zealand (pippi@xtra.co.nz)