Re: Stepping Out vs Jesse's Song

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Stepping Out vs Jesse's Song
  • From: Z88KEYS@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 08:52:35 -0700 (MST)

Lloyd also wants to say that STEPPING OUT  was an excellent garden subject,
and it seedlings were also good growers.  I have a full sister to RENOWN
 that I expect will do just as well as JESSE's song, and it sometimes
reblooms. Name will be GARDEN CLUB DELIGHT,  for such members always single
it out. Its seedlings also are very good growers. Parentage is MATRIX X SUKY,
a very good cross. MATRIX  is from Earl Hall, and SUKY  from our Clarence
Mahan.  I have also crossed  CLARENCE X SUKY , with good results. Mr. Mahan
and I have laughed over the fact that the iris CLARENCE is much more
successful as a pod  parent, while the iris SUKY is completely  pod
infertile.  Lloyd Zurbrigg  Durham NC  Zone 7.5    Cold and dark today, even
tho' some blooms are open on FEBRUARY GOLD.