Re: Leaf spot

In a message dated 10/02/97  15:47:19, Bill Shear says:

<< Is there any evidence that aphids spread leaf spot? >>

Yes, in my experience. Spraying with a general insecticide helps. Best
chemical in our experience is "Systhane 6W" (active ingredient -
myclobutanil) for use against rust and leaf spot (benomyl withdrawn over here
- health fears). Use it with a spreader to get it to stick to the leaves, or
dip your plants in the solution when you plant them out.

Graham Spencer, UK
Zone 7b/8