Re: Leaf spot

Ginny Spoon said:

June bugs spread soft rot.  Don has examined their mouths under the
microscope and they had Erwinia carotovora (soft rot) in them.  Possibly they
inject it into other
plants then after the soft rot breaks down the rhizome they eat them.

Would you please elaborate on this? I thought Erwinia was a common soil-borne
microorganism. Do I understand you are saying it enjoys some sort of
symbiotic relationship with the beetle? This is really interesting.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA