Re: For Iris Shakespeare fiends - I mmeaaaan fans!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: For Iris Shakespeare fiends - I mmeaaaan fans!
  • From: Amy Rupp <amyr@austx.tandem.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:31:04 -0700 (MST)

>   In the Spring a fuller crimson comes upon the  robin's breast;

Our thug-sized orangey-breasted robins have arrived on their way to the
more northern states.

>   In the Spring the wanton  lapwing gets himself another crest;

What is a lapwing?

>   In the Spring a livelier iris cbanges on the burnish'd dove;

Is this "iris c*h*anges" and why isn't this our iris?  iris colour?

>   In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.

We need to move Valentine's day forward some then.  The young men around
here don't do anything lightly and unless "love" is a euphemism...

> of course THAT iris is not a reference to our flower, but I thought it was
> interesting.

Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@austx.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
*or* amyr@mpd.tandem.com