Re: Genealogical Collections

I'd like to know from Sharon McAllister if she still has her display of
the ancestors and offspring of Esther the Queen. I'd love to see that.

She does accurately point out another difficulty I ran into in trying to
collect all the ancestors: unregistered, undistributed, discarded
seedlings.  That was another problem which never occured to me in my
ignorance.  Ignorance is bliss,they say....

Anyhow, among my 57 ancestors of Beverly Sills, I believe I have on hand
5 groups where both parents and an offfspring were registered, are still
extant, and are thriving.

I'm going to move the whole bunch to another spot next July, which will
give me a chance to put those five 'families' together, at least. All
others are simply represented by one clump in their respective row of
distance from Beverly Sills.  I keep toying with the question of how to
represent missing cultivars, as well as how to represent how many times
a particular cultivar appears in the geneology.  Maybe a stake with a
big red 14 for one that appears 14 times?

Does anybody have any ideas?  Sharon, what did you do?

Carol  ctownsen@jeffco.k12.co.us