youth members/stone

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: youth members/stone
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 18:37:29 -0700 (MST)

     I am interested in the discussion on activities for youth members.  In
the Bluegrass Iris Society, we have a few youth members.  One thing I do is
at dividing time, I let the youth pick new cultivars from my surplus
rhizomes.  These cultivars can range from historic up to as recent as some
introduced two years prior.
     Since my comments on heaving proved to be the inspiration for the
current rock and roll stone discussion, I wish to let you all know that I
have almost all of my plant beds lined with rocks.

Mark A. Cook

Lexington, KY.