Re: Leaf spot

Bill Shear wrote:

> Fungal leaf spot also hits I. tectorum but does not appear on any beardless
> varieties and species I grow.
>
> By the way, this past summer I saw the first attacks by Japanese beetles on
> iris foliage--but only on I. virginica!  Has anyone else had this
> experience?
>
> Best wishes, Bill
> ___________________
> William A. Shear
> Department of Biology
> Hampden-Sydney College
> Hampden-Sydney VA 23943 USA
> phone (804) 223-6172
> FAX (804) 223-6374

Bill,

Two years ago I experienced leaf spot on my Louisiana's.  And now this
year I have seen it on my Spuria's.  It was definitely leaf spot but
dissimilar to bearded leaf spot.  I believe that this leaf spot was
imported into my garden.  In both cases it was controlled by the same
fungicides I use on the beardeds.  Has anyone else experienced leaf spot
on beardless iris?

Rick Tasco
Central California
Zone 8