Re: Leaf spot

Don, my husband is a microbiolgist and Ph.D. in biology. My background is in
horticulture.  Yes, Don believes that the June bugs chew infected rhizomes
and carry the disease in their mouths to spread it. Not a symbiotic
relationship, just carry it around from chewing infected plants.  He has
evidence to support this.  He had his graduate students working on this very
subject among others.  Open wounds from biting and sucking insects admit the
bacteria, viruses, fungus, etc. into the plant.  That is why I treat with a
systemic insecticide plus I do use a fungicide along with it.  I have found
though, the insecticide alone does a better job than just the fungicide
alone.  Both together seem to work best.  A spray of alfalfa tea, manure tea,
liquid kelp, etc. will do the job  as well, and not harm the enviornment.

                                                             Ginny