RE: Is there an Iris Heaven

Patti Wenham writes:
>I left Kent over 20 years ago and came to iris heaven in Okanogan
>county.  We have many people from the coast living here.  Most are
>retired.  I would love to see more iris growers move to this area. Do
>not make the mistake of looking in the western part of the county

Finally someone says there really is an Iris heaven! You say you are in zone
5, but according to my Sunset Western Garden book Omak would be in zone 2. Is
there another source for determining what gardening zone one is in?

I had never really thought about retiring in eastern Washington, too much
winter cold and summer hot!

Do you grow all types of Iris? Do you have a local Iris Society you belong to?
If you get over to this side of the mountains much you might want to make it
to one of our shows, maybe even bring some Iris to exhibit. Is it about a 3
hour drive from Omak to Bellevue?

Send your snail-mail address and I'll put you on our mailing list for show &
sale informtion if you would like.

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA zone 5 - AIS region 13