RE: Rot and rain in July

Greer Holland wrote:

>Brown rot.  Well, soft rot?  That foul-smelling, orange-ish mush where
>the rhizome used to be?  I only lost one little piece of one cultivar
>last year to rot.  LIASON.  I grow about 300 bearded cultivars.  Why so
>little rot?  I dunno.  Lots of possibles here.

I am so far behind on my Iris-l mail, (710 messages) that this subject may be
very old hat, but I beleive we were discussing purple based Iris being hardier
and more disease resistant than non-purple based Iris. Well, Liason is a
purple
based Iris.
I think I am going to have to give up on reading all of these back messages. I
keep getting further & further behind. Hopefully there won't be too many good
messages I will miss by deleting them all & starting all over again.

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA Sunset zone 5  -  USDA zone ??