Re:Carol, Queen of Stones

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re:Carol, Queen of Stones
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 03:48:42 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 97-02-10 18:51:29 EST, Carol Townsend wrote

<< I'm sorry, but I consider that title already taken, by me! >> Referring to
the title Official Stone-Namer to the Queen.

Having lived in Korea and Japan for more than a decade, I have a keen
appreciation of stones in the garden, too.  I, too, have a waterfall with
many stones.  A rock garden with carefully selected stones and planted with
dwarf irises (and other plants) can be the loveliest of gardens.  Well-placed
stones throughout the garden are to my eye the most effective garden
ornaments.  One of the gifts to my wife for Christmas this past year was a
book on gardening with stones.  So your boulders  are indeed a real
attraction for Suky and me (as if we needed attractions other than irises and
friends in Colorado).

And since Graham is obviously not interested in stones, you shall henceforth
wear the undisputed crown as Carol, Queen of Stones.  Cheers, Clarence Mahan
in VA