Re: For Iris Shakespeare fiends - I mmeaaaan fans!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: For Iris Shakespeare fiends - I mmeaaaan fans!
  • From: Efford <avocet.intl@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 09:23:27 -0700 (MST)

Jeff and Carolyn Walters wrote:
I do know that the English Robin, though somewhat related, is a much
> smaller bird than ours.

No, the English robin is not in the same genus.  The American robin is a
very close relative of the English blackbird and the thrush and they
look very similar except for the difference in colour.  The English
robin looks more like a wren than a American robin.