Re: Leaf spot

At 08:52 PM 2/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>...A spray of alfalfa tea, manure tea,
>liquid kelp, etc. will do the job  as well, and not harm the enviornment.
>Ginny

Ginny,

Thanks so much for giving an organic alternative to commercial
insecticides.  During active growth, I routinely spray all of my perennials
with a foliar spray of fish emulsion and a few drops of Sunlight brand
dishwashing liquid mixed in a 1 gallon sprayer.  I think that the soap must
be helpful in reducing aphids and other soft bodied insects as well as
helping the fish emulsion stick to the foliage long enough to be absorbed
as a fertilizer.

This year I plan to offer my irises a varied diet of alfalfa tea + fish
emulsion + maybe onion, hot pepper, garlic, and other herbs this year.

-Donald

Donald Mosser
Member of AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SSI, SLI, SPCNI, and IRIS-L
dmosser@southconn.com
http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/5570

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8