genetics books (was iris breeding: terminology)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: genetics books (was iris breeding: terminology)
  • From: bills@tiger.hsc.edu (Bill Shear)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:07:52 -0700 (MST)

>Greetings,
>
>I've been thinking about buying a copy of The Engineer in the Garden: Genes
>and Genetics from the Idea of Heredity to the Creation of Life, by Colin
>Tudge, which I understand is a popular introduction to genetic theory. Would
>someone be so kind as to comment on this book?
>
>Anner Whitehead

Anner--

So happens that Colin Tudge, a well-known British writer specializing on
popular science, is a friend of mine!   In fact I'm expecting the
manuscript of a new book of his on biodiversity any day now to be checked
for accuracy in various things.  Colin's a fine writer with a real talent
for making science accessible, but I confess I have not read this
particular book of his.  If it's like his others, though, it should be
pretty good.

Best wishes, Bill
William A. Shear
Department of Biology