Safety in the garden (was "voles")

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Safety in the garden (was "voles")
  • From: Croftway@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:41:37 -0700 (MST)

I am very concerned by Ginny's methods of deterring voles. If used in
combination, I think some of the things she is shoving down the holes could
result in a small explosion!

But then that would get rid of the voles! ((-;

Seriously, do take care when shoving things down holes in the garden. It is a
little known fact that your average householder has access to a much wider
range of nasty stuff (especially when mixed) than farmers, growers and others
who are pretty well regulated (esp. here in the UK - we have to fill out a
form when we use hormone rooting powder on cuttings!). This is why some
terrorists (e.g. the IRA) make bombs out of garden fertilizer  - you just
have to know what to mix together.

Graham Spencer, UK
croftway@aol.com
...delaying the inevitable cycle journey home in the deluge.