Re: Leaf spot

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 Croftway@aol.com wrote:

> Talk on list of organic alternatives - try these:
>
> for soft rot: dust infected rhizomes with flowers of sulphur. I've done this
> - it works.
> or: use bordeaux mixture in a similar fashion.

Bordeaux mixture marks leaves of everything but irises (TB's
anyway) so be careful when you're putting it on. I tried it on a
bed of closely packed hyacinths, tulips, daffodils etc and spent
the rest of the spring looking at chewed up leaves until they died
back.

--
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada