Re: TERESA COBB - Request for iris sources

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TERESA COBB - Request for iris sources
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <KOEKKOEK@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 13:05:14 -0700 (MST)

Teresa:  Welcome to the list, where you will learn all you ever
wanted to know about iris but were afraid to ask!  Well, maybe not
quite, but close.  As to wholesale sources, I am of no help, but it
occurs to me that the cheapest and best source of a lot of iris would
be the annual rhizome sale of your nearest AIS local affiliate.  At
least, that would be the case if you lived here, and I think many
others do as we do.  Come July (the time differs depending on the
locale) we always order new things from a couple commercial growers,
and these we auction.  But spread out on several tables are rhizomes
brought by the society members, and these are priced at $1, $2, or $3
apiece.  One can get a huge amount of iris for not a huge amount of
bucks, and, of course, you help the treasury of the club, too.

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa Zone 4