Re: genetics books (was iris breeding: terminology)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: genetics books (was iris breeding: terminology)
  • From: Henryanner@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:11:57 -0700 (MST)

 I wrote earlier:

 >I've been thinking about buying a copy of The Engineer in the Garden: Genes
 >and Genetics from the Idea of Heredity to the Creation of Life, by Colin
 >Tudge, which I understand is a popular introduction to genetic theory.
Would
 >someone be so kind as to comment on this book?

 And Bill Shear responded:

 So happens that Colin Tudge, a well-known British writer specializing on
 popular science, is a friend of mine!   In fact I'm expecting the
 manuscript of a new book of his on biodiversity any day now to be checked
 for accuracy in various things.  Colin's a fine writer with a real talent
 for making science accessible, but I confess I have not read this
 particular book of his.  If it's like his others, though, it should be
 pretty good.

So I thought I would let anyone interested know that this book is available
as a hard cover sale book  for $3.98 plus the regular $4.95 shipping charge
per order from Daedalus Books in Hyattsville, MD. They have a mail order
catalog, and they have a website with full particulars, including a long
blurb on this title. I called them to order a copy and the chick on the phone
said they had plenty. They are:

Daedalus Books---phone 1-800-395-2665,  or   www.daedalus-books.com, where
"browse" is the operative verb.

Anner Whtehead
Just trying to get the gist of the science jokes in Richmond, VA